How To Use MyFitnessPal App Effectively?
According to research studies, people who log in their meals are more likely to lose weight than their counterparts. Tracking your calorie intake and level of physical activity is definitely important. But unlike in the past where all these were demanding and tiring, nowadays it’s very easy. Well, this is because there are weight loss apps designed for that.
The health and wellness sector has significantly improved. There are new programs which are being released in the market every day. These versatile tools are available online. However, you can also download these software programs in your personal devices. This article reviews MyFitnessPal, one of the best weight loss apps in the market.
What is MyFitnessPal App?
This is one of the most popular health and fitness apps. MyFitnessPal allows you to easily track your food intake. Besides that, it’s an effective activity tracker. The app comes with more than 350 exercises to choose from. It provides users with a personalized experience to ensure that they reach their wellness goals.
Key Features of MyFitnessPal
- Reach Your Goals: Choose a goal including calorie and macro goals.
- Track your food fast and easy: this app has the biggest food database with over 11 million foods. Additionally, it has a barcode scanner and recipe importer.
- Personalized experience: create your own foods, meals, and recipes. Besides that, save your favorites.
- Food Insights: learn how to make healthier food choices.
- Login your exercise and steps: create your own exercise routine. Apart from that, you can choose from 350+ exercises.
- Connect with other apps and devices: this weight loss apps including Misfit, Fitbit, Jawbone, and UA Record among others.
- Nutrition reports: get an overview of your calorie intake including the macros and nutrients.
How the App Works
MyFitnessPal is one of the most popular and best weight loss apps in the market. The calorie counter allows you to track your daily calorie intake. Additionally, it contains a well-designed food diary plus an exercise log. Logging into the homepage, you will get an overview of your daily caloric intake. Besides that, the page also indicates the number of calories burned while exercising. This versatile application easily syncs with other devices. So, you can quickly transfer your personal data from and to this app.
To ensure that you attain your wellness goals in time, these app comes with well-designed features. For instance, it has an extensive database with over 5 million foods. It also comes with a barcode scanner. All these make it easy to log in your food intake. Apart from that, MyFitnessPal app allows you to create custom foods and dishes. It even saves your favorite meals to enhance convenience.
MyFitnessPal not only enhances your wellness progress but it also provides users with support. The app comes with a chat forum which consists of fellow users. Here, you can engage with other wellness enthusiasts. The best thing about the chat forum is that you can exchange recipes and tips. Additionally, it gives you a sense of belonging. In that, you can share your success stories with others and ask for advice.
It should be noted that each day is usually presented as a pie chart. As a result, you have an overview of carb, fat, and protein intake. Note that you can add a note for each day, detailing how things were. You can use the free version or upgrade to the premium version which costs $49.99 annually.
Advantages of MyFitnessPal
Using MyFitnessPal can help to improve your wellness goals. The app is uniquely designed with outstanding features. It’s also versatile enough to integrate with other apps and fitness devices. Advantages of MyFitnessPal include:
- It has a large food database. It includes millions of food varieties. Besides that, there are also details of certain restaurant foods.
- It allows you to download or share recipes with other users.
- It offers a great overview of your daily calorie intake.
Disadvantages of MyFitnessPal
This health and fitness app has great features. However, it’s not 100% perfect. As much as the free-trial version has great features, you can only use with limited features. Other downsides of using MyFitnessPal include:
- The premium version of this app is expensive.
- Most foods are uploaded by other users. So, this means that the calorie count may be inaccurate.
- The free version contains limited features.
- It’s not easy to edit the portion sizes in the database.
Customer reviews indicate that this app is highly effective. With more than 2 million downloads on Google Play Store, MyFitnessPal definitely has a huge user base. It has an overall rating of 4.5. This simply means that it’s a beneficial tool in tracking weight loss.
Generally, most people find it fun and useful to use. A large number of users rave about the large food database, nutrition information, physical activities, and the community. However, some have don’t lack the demanding process of editing servings. This is a huge turnoff to some people since it’s not easy.
MyFitnessPal is one of the best weight loss apps in the market. It has beneficial features which help users to effectively track their wellness goals. It makes food and exercise tracking fast and easy. Simply log in your meals and type of exercise. Additionally, choose a goal and use MyFitnessPal to track it. It’s simply what you need to attain your weight management goals.