There are numerous weight loss apps in the market. Most of them are uniquely designed to meet different user needs. People are turning to health and fitness apps because they are convenient. Besides that, they are effective in tracking workouts and calorie intake. One of the best weight loss apps in the market is SparkPeople and below is its review.
This is a calorie counter and diet tracker. SparkPeople is an app which contains a wide information database on nutrition and workout videos. It’s mainly used by people who want to lose weight and attain their wellness goals.
SparkPeople’s Key Features
- Large food database: the app has more than 3.5 million foods. They help users to count calories and find the right diet.
- Diet program agnostic: you can use this fitness plan with a vegan diet, keto diet, 1200 calorie diet, and no carb diet among others.
- Fast diet and fitness tracking: provides an easier way to track workouts and count calories you burn.
- Easy-to-use search functions: they help to enhance the convenience of this app.
- Food intake and diet calculator: the food database contains the right nutritional information. With just a tap, you can find your calorie intake and important nutritional information. It should be noted that you can use this app to find nutrition makeup. This includes things such as protein, fat, fiber, carbs, and cholesterol among others.
- Hundreds of exercise demonstrations: they include workouts such as get fit and tone up.
- Wide information library: there is a large information database. This information is from SparkPeople’s nutritionist and fitness experts. So, users will be able to learn about their metabolism. Besides that, there is information on how to stay healthier.
How the App Works
SparkPeople definitely forms part of the best weight loss apps in the market. It’s a versatile program that allows users to log in their daily meals. Apart from that, you can use this app to log in your weight and exercise routine.
What makes SparkPeople one of the best weight loss apps in the market is its user-friendly tools. It should be noted that this tracker has a large nutrition database. Users have access to more than 3 million food items. Besides that, it has a barcode scanner. This makes it easier to keep track of the packaged foods that you eat. Note that SparkPeople offers new users the exercise demo. This helps them to become familiar with effective workouts for weight loss. The demo contains photos and descriptions of numerous exercise. So, rest assured that you will end up learning about proper workout techniques.
The best thing about this versatile app is that it works with the points system. Therefore, you can easily log in your daily habits plus your goals. The app will use this information to give “points”. Overall, this will give you proper insights into what you should and shouldn’t do.
Another great feature that makes it one of the top-rated weight loss apps is the vast information library. SparkPeople has articles that relate to healthy living and exercise planning tools. In addition to that, there is a wide variety of fitness videos. By offering support and education, this app has definitely helped millions of people stay fit. With your account, you can also connect the app with other devices and apps. This versatile program can fully integrate with Jawbone, Google Fit, Fitbit, and Runkeeper among others.
Advantages of SparkPeople
There is no doubt that SparkPeople has a large database of various aspects of wellness. This user-friendly application contains important features to help users quickly attain their weight loss goals. The main advantages of using SparkPeople include:
- This health and fitness app is free.
- It comes with a supportive online community.
- There is a large food database to ensure you meet your nutritional needs.
- The barcode scanner provides fast and efficient food entry.
Disadvantages of SparkPeople
SparkPeople wellness app has been around for quite some time. Its effectiveness in promoting healthy development is the reason why people love it. But even with its outstanding features, there are still some downsides of using the app. common disadvantages of using SparkPeople include:
- It has too much information which can be difficult to completely go through.
- You can’t do anything without setting goals.
Overall, SparkPeople is a beneficial weight loss app. most people love it to its simple user interface. Besides that, users are usually updated with personal notifications to ensure that they are on track. This app is rated 4.5 stars. Which means that a lot of people actually love it.
However, there are also some negative reviews about it. For instance, the ads can easily get into your nerves. What most users find annoying is these ads can pop up at any time, especially when you want to input data. So, you have to wait for some seconds before you can continue. Some users have also had a bad experience with the app crashing. Additionally, changing of categories can make the app lag. So, there is a need for more improvements.
The Bottom Line
To wrap things up, it’s clear that SparkPeople is a generally good weight loss app. You can use it to monitor your calorie intake. Besides that, it’s perfect for tracking your workouts. The app comes with a vast library of healthy-living articles as well. The wide range of healthy recipes, fitness videos, and exercise planning tools are all important. Using SparkPeople can certainly help you to attain your weight loss goals in no time.